The Adelaide Roots and Blues Association was formed in Adelaide, South Australia in 2013 and was incorporated on the 4th of December, 2014. It has not-for-profit status and the following broad aims:
- To support and promote South Australian roots and blues artists locally, nationally and internationally
- To promote and foster a wider appreciation of roots and blues music across South Australia
To support the achievement of these aims ARBA is committed to the following goals in the calendar year of 2016:
- Produce and disseminate a newsletter at least every two months.
- Maintain and grow the association website and Facebook presence.
- Maintain and grow the annual “Memphis Blues Challenge” competition, our annual open, live, judged music competition comprised of “band” and “solo/duo” categories, on an annual basis.
- Give the winners of both categories of the “Memphis Blues challenge” competition the opportunity to compete at The International Blues Challenge in Memphis.
- Develop a new ARBA logo and merchandise, including t-shirts and key ring, with merchandise to be available for purchase on association website.
- Continue association events at St Luke’s and the Ed Castle and other venues that may provide opportunities.
- Partner with The Gov in the Gumbo Room re-launch and ongoing Thursday evening weekly gig and jam.
- Establish a weekly ARBA gig at a centrally located, licensed venue, that has a stage and dance floor (once established it may be necessary to review goal 6).
- Continue the BAA and RAA awards on an annual basis.
- To establish and maintain links with suitable roots and blues related music festivals held in South Australia.
- Dennis Kipridis
- Erica Graff
- Evan Whetter
- Jeff Parham
- Mick Kidd
- Roger Smith
- Susan Skujins
- Mike Hotz
- Mike Barnes