In the late 1950's, Ian "Splash" Drinkwater presented a brand new group featuring a type of modern music that had not been previously performed at a Swing show. Ian had always pioneered the furtherance of modern Jazz and its associated orchestral instrumentation, introducing the Flute, Baritone Sax and Mellaphone into this splendid lineup.
On October 15th of 1957, a then young Kym Bonython featured the group in his "Tempo of the Times", Jazz and Rock'n'Roll concert, performing along with artists such as The Penny Rockets and Adelaide Jazz Quintet.
- Ian "Splash" Drinkwater - Leader, Baritone Saxophone, Flute
- Reg Bassett - Drums
- Neville Dunn - Piano
- Peter Cassidy - Bass
- Bill Greeneklee - Alto Saxophone
- Barry Sadlier - French Horn
- Charlie Clarke - Tenor Saxophone
- Archie Bowen - Trombone
- Roger Swanson - Mellaphone