Love Cream are an Australian rock band from Adelaide, formed in 2011.
Early days (2011-2013) Edit
Love Cream were formed with the intention of playing at the local Battle Of The Bands in mid-2011, and after winning the competition, won a slot at the Big Day Out Festival in Adelaide in 2012. The band then went on to compete in and win the Adelaide's Next Superstar competition, of which the prize was an album and a music video.
First Taste (2013-2014) Edit
Their debut album, First Taste, was released in January, 2014, accompanied by the single and music video for "Spend The Night Together". The album was written and recorded throughout 2013 and received an average of 4 out of 5 stars from reviews across the web. The music video was released exclusively through Classic Rock Magazine later in 2014.
Line-up change, currently untitled EP (2014-present) Edit
In mid-2014, the band's bassist Phil Parker left due to personal reasons, and was replaced by Marc Tiger. At the same time, Jimmy Robinson was added as the official rhythm guitarist for the band, where before he had just been a live player. In late 2014, the band went on to win the Emergenza competition in Sydney, Australia, granting them a spot at the world-final of the competition at the Taubertal Festival to be held in Rothenburg ob der Tauber, Germany, in 2015.
The band announced in early 2015 that they were writing and recording material for an upcoming EP. At the same time, they won a competition through local radio station Triple M, of which the prize was to play the opening slot for Mötley Crüe's final tour (also featuring Alice Cooper) in May.
They then competed at the Emergenza World Final in Germany and placed fifth out of twenty total bands. Dynamo also won the award for Best Singer at the competition.
Band members Edit
- Vinnie Dynamo - lead vocals (2011-present)
- Nick Robinson - lead guitar, vocals (2011-present)
- Mick Gallo - drums, vocals (2011-present)
- Marc Tiger - bass, vocals (2014-present)
- Jimmy Robinson - rhythm guitar (2014-present)
- Dan Sparks - rhythm guitar (2012-2013)
- Jimmy Robinson - rhythm guitar (2013-2014)
- Phil Parker - bass (2011-2014)
- First Taste (2014)
- Burnside Battle Of The Bands - First Place (2011)
- Adelaide's Next Superstar - First Place (2012)
- Emergenza Competition Australia - First Place (2014)
- Emergenza Competition World Final - Fifth Place, Best Singer (2015)