Marmalade Circus began as a Jazz ensemble in 1998, then known as the Mark Ferguson Quintet.
The group first performed at the 1998 Adelaide festival. Marmalade Circus have since expanded to their current 6-piece line-up playing music that is often far-removed from typical jazz. They have played across Australia, with a few particularly well attended gigs (including the Sydney Festival Jazz in the Domain Concert to 80,000 people).
They also perform as a smaller line-up under the name of Marmalade Trio.
- Mark Ferguson - keyboards
- Tom Pulford - saxophone
- Jonathan Hunt - saxophone
- Warren Heading - trumpet
- Shireen Khemlani - bass
- Jarrad Payne - drums
- Mark Ferguson's Marmalade Trio - (1999)
- Tropical Fruit Chunks - (2001)
- True Colours - (2004)
- ... and then there were ten - (2005)
- YUP and other words of affirmation - (2009)