The Organ Music Society of Adelaide aims to promote the love of music and encourage interest in the enjoyment of organ music.The Society organises concerts by local, interstate and international organists, visits to historic and new organs, educational events and social activities such as an annual dinner.Members receive a bimonthly Newsletter containing interesting articles, concert notices and reviews of events, concerts and recordings.
The Organ Music Society of Adelaide was formed in 1939 to foster an appreciation of organ music.
The Society was later incorporated in 1976, with the following aims:
- To promote the love of music in all of its branches.
- To encourage and develop interest in the enjoyment of organ music through performances, concerts, recitals, recordings, broadcasts, lectures and the like.
- To encourage composers and performers of music especially of organ music.
- To publish writings on musicians, music and musical instruments, especially relating to organists, organ music and organs.
- To encourage the development of sound principles in the design, construction and installation of organs.
- To provide and encourage fellowship between all those having an interest in the aims of the Society.