U-Bombs is a new wave/power pop band from Adelaide, South Australia.
Irving and the U-bombs first appeared in 1977 at private parties, anti-nuclear rallies and political/social justice benefit shows before establishing some weekly residencies at various city and suburban hotels. The band grew to a five piece and dropped the 'Irving' from the bands name and subsequently released the single 'Give Me A Medal' in 1978.
In 2013, after an absence of 32 years, the Ubombs started rehearsing, recording and then staged a comeback show in Adelaide. They performed at such venues as the Governor Hindmarsh Hotel alongside such acts as Fear And Loathing, Meat Tray and Black Chrome.
- Anando Bharti - Vocals, Bass
- Paul Verdant - Guitars, Vocals
- Roy Erzinger - Drums
- Ian Thurnwald - Saxophone
- Paul Tuxworth - Guitars, Keyboards
- Mark Cornwall - Bass, Vocals
- Tom Cowsill - Drums (1981)
- Live At The Marryatville - Cassette (Tomorrow Records, 1977)
- Give Me A Medal - 7inch vinyl single (Radio Active, 1978)
- The Triple M Demos - Cassette (Radio Active, 1979)
- Ubombs Greatest Hits - Cassette (Radio Active, 1980)
- 'Rejected' b/w 'Automatic' - CD Single (2013)
- 'Fukushima' demo - CD Single (2015)